The article, ‘Mapping a Strategic Approach to HR Leadership’ is amongst the most frequently downloaded in Strategic HR Review. Receiving over 700 downloads since publication in 2012.
How pleased am I? Thrilled actually, and wanted to share this news.
I started to write when I founded Triumpha. There were things to say about what matters in organisations and what works in practice, and I was ready to fuel my ambition. Namely, helping others develop extraordinary leadership, leadership teams and breakthrough organisation performance led by people.
I believe that strategic HR has significant potential for modernising management practice, bringing it into line with the needs of the twenty first century organisation. The strategic HR role is typically understood, but there is a difference between this understanding and what happens in practice – the ‘knowing-doing gap. Unfortunately, this means that the potential for HR leaders to make an impactful difference is often never realised.
Mapping a Strategic Approach to HR Leadership uses a case study about our work with a leading retailer and shows:
- How we closed the ‘knowing-doing’ gap.
- Five crucial conversations that strategic human resources leaders must catalyse within their organisations.
- How human resources leaders can build their confidence and strategic capability by working through a planned change process.
- How to build appetite and expectation for a strategic Human Resources contribution among line colleagues.
- A staged approach for developing and embedding strategic human resources capability in an HR team.
To read more, download a copy of the full article below.