Accelerate transition if you want change to stick
It’s not the changes that do you in, it’s the transitions. If you want change to stick, accelerate transition.
It’s our belief that transition is being neglected in organisations right now. There has been a lot of focus on change. We need an equal focus on what it takes to accelerate transition.
As we emerge from the pandemic, leaders, teams and organisations have incorporated many changes into their ways of working, strategies and operating models. But what about their focus on transition?
We hear stories that productivity has sustained through the pandemic, but at what human cost?
To sustain positive change, focus must be given to accelerate transition.
We say this because change & transition are not the same thing:
- Change is situational and external: a new role, a new boss, a reorganisation, a new way of working
- Transition is the internal psychological process we go through to come to terms with the new situation
To maintain change momentum and sustain resilience, leaders need support to accelerate transition. A focus on transition enables leaders to advance through the change curve ahead of their teams.
Our Transition Accelerator supports leaders to understand and more effectively work through the personal and human side of transition and change, so that it is less distressing, less disruptive, and more productive.
The programme has three elements: Accelerate Transition, Clarify Purpose and Expand Insight:
- To accelerate transition we use a proven three-part process composed of an ending, a neutral zone and a new beginning. This process helps those in transition internalise and come to terms with the details of the new situation that the change brings about.
- Transition is difficult. Clarifying purpose and connecting to what is meaningful helps us to feel that the transition is generating movement towards a desired outcome.
- In leadership roles we rely on our people capabilities more than our technical capabilities. Expanding insight and self-awareness of our strengths, our blind spots and the resilience strategies we need to sustain us at our best is time well spent.
If you would like to know more, please contact us on email@example.com