Where do you turn when you want to improve leadership effectiveness, resilience and capacity for change? Leadership coaching is a proven approach, so we invited Ann Scoular, founder of Meyler Campbell and author of the Financial Times Guide to Business Coaching to join a Triumpha network event group of CEOs and HR Leaders to share her views.
We transcribed the event so if you would like a copy of the transcript, please use the download link below.
Key Discussion Points
- How to think clearly and effectively using the ’Big 5’ approach.
- Key insights from neuroscience about behavioural change and how to sustain performance over time.
- The hallmarks of effective leadership coaches.
- 10 tough questions to ask a leadership coach.
- An explanation for teenage behavior and why education is worth the effort.
Compared with only one generation ago, the amount of incoming data leaders need to process has multiplied hugely, and our processor (the brain) isn’t keeping pace. So where do we turn for that extra edge? Leadership coaching is often the answer.
Anne’s view is that working with a great leadership coach is “the equivalent of plugging in some extra processing capacity. With a great coach its like plugging into the National Grid – a surge of energy and clear focus that recharges the batteries and hauls us back to peak form.”