How to Lead in the New Normal
The business environment will never be the same again. As the new decade unfolds, more and more business leaders and managers who have survived the recession and are rebuilding their organisations are coming to realise that their business models must be overhauled and that the old ways of improving performance and managing change will no longer work. Enter: leading in the new normal.
Leading in the New Normal Key points:
- We need to steer away from the practice of employing people from the ‘shoulders down’. Today’s knowledge economy demands that we capitalise on individual’s from the neck up, releasing them from command and control management and liberating them to contribute more meaningfully.
- Leaders must ‘future proof’ their organisations by building the strategic and cultural capabilities which enable them to win in their market place, adapt to change and produce the conditions where people can thrive.
- Only by looking strategically at the people side of the business can organisations have any chance of delivering sustainable performance.
- The importance of strategic clarity and having a compelling purpose that goes beyond making money to also making a difference.
- The power of using pictures and creating the space for conversation in helping make change happen.